Thursday, June 26, 2008

High Impact Interview Close Achieves Getting Hired Quicker

by Carl E. Reid

The June 25, 2008 ETP Network Member conference call included the topic "High Impact Interview Close". Click here to listen to the podcast.

In a previous chapter of my life, I went on 22 job interviews and received 22 NOs. I changed my tactics. Using a tape recorder and the mirror, I took my resume profile and practiced my interview closing everyday for 4 weeks. Then I went on 3 interviews and received 3 job offers. Life is always grand when we have choices.

The resume profile can be used as an effective closing statement during the interview. The last few minutes of an interview can make all the difference. People usually remember the last few minutes of a conversation. Once you know the interview is coming to an end, your closing statement should be natural, sell the benefits of hiring you and be lively so it is a memorable commercial.

Use a tape recorder to practice, practice, practice your close. Using a video camera provides the best feedback to develop a closing that results in multiple job offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment